Chicken Mansion build

bowhnter96

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2020
Ringoes NJ
My Coop
My Coop
Hi all, I’m new here from NJ. This is my first experience with chickens and may have gone a little overboard. I was only gonna go 10x12 and ended up going 10x16 with a 10x30 run. 10x12 of the run is covered by a steel roof, the rest by chicken wire as of this afternoon. So now I’m looking for recommendations on the inside of the coop. Poop boards? Roosting bars? Storage? Any ideas, tips or tricks would be appreciated! I have 30 chicks about a month and a half old now and 2 12 wk old roosters that were given to me. Thanks in advance! More pics to come.
64936083-99C4-400E-B7AD-9C69697F49E4.jpeg

We are building similar!!! I will take pictures tomorrow after we get the windows in! We have 7x14 coop and will have 10x16 run with half roofed. Our roost is only 6 feet long and I have 2 kennel pans that are 36x22. I plan to center the kennel pans up under the roost to hopefully catch droppings weather they are facing the wall or not and then the 36 times 2 should cover the entire length. I have a hatch for the poop boards then that I can slide them out one at a time and clean.

I only have 6 chickens so I have made the coop with a small lockout, if we need the space ever it is there but typically we should be able to store stuff inside the lock off area or the 7x14 coop is actually built inside our second garage so we actually have garage space too if I need it.

I will definitely get pics tomorrow evening once roosting bar is officially up and our windows are in!

nd may have gone a little overboard. I was only gonna go 10x12 and ended up going 10x16 with a 10x30 run. ....I have 30 chicks
Maybe too many chickens but at least you have lots of housing!

So now I’m looking for recommendations on the inside of the coop. Poop boards? Roosting bars? Storage?
My 6x16 coop is in a 16x16 shed.
full

More info here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/aarts-coop-page.65912/

I will definitely get pics tomorrow evening once roosting bar is officially up and our windows are in!
@amk122284 I hope you update your build thread here

Back
Top Bottom