Chicken Mash

lolis

Hatching
11 Years
Jun 28, 2008
san diego
I have four chicks that are approximately 3 weeks old. I have been feeding them a chicken mash that I have been buying from the pet store that I bought my peeps at...i've been looking online and I have been noticing that there are a lot of different types of feed. So that makes me wonder, does chicken mash have all the nutrients my baby chicks need to become big and strong?

Hi and Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

A bit more information would make it easier to answer your question.

What is the brand of chicken mash that you are now feeding?

Dawn

Here's my suggestion- I feed all my girls start and grow from Purina. It is crumbles, and I make them a mash almost every day. I just out a little in a bowl and add cold water to it. It is really easy and somedays I add a little yogurt on top. They go crazy for it and I know it is complete and balanced for them. Trudy
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for being so welcoming!

I have been reading the boards for a while and finally took the plunge and bought my chickies...I am officially chicken-obsessed.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand...

It's not a brand...I just to go to the pet store and scoop some out of the bin. I did call the pet store to ask and they said it was just chicken mash.

I'm debating whether to buy a bag of chick starter or chick grower because they are on the fence (3-4 weeks old) according to most guidelines I have read online.

Back
Top Bottom