Chicken math is calling!

*Cough* 50 plus in the yard and 50 in the incubator.....and 24 hatching eggs to be shipped 2nd week in April.

I need them for a project.....šŸ„°
So you already have over 50 "on the ground," and have at least another 74 "on the way" ... either in the incu or "to be shipped."

Sounds about right.

What kinds are all these?

*Cough* 50 plus in the yard and 50 in the incubator.....and 24 hatching eggs to be shipped 2nd week in April.

I need them for a project.....šŸ„°
I believe the key word here is EXPECTED. Might want to think about adding a few just to make sure you get what you are looking for.

Ok I know Iā€™m an enabler- Iā€™m working on it, I promise.

So you already have over 50 "on the ground," and have at least another 74 "on the way" ... either in the incu or "to be shipped."

Sounds about right.

What kinds are all these?
The ones on the way are 6 LF blue Ameraucana, 6 bantam silver Ameraucana, 12 LF silver Ameraucana.

In the yard are 5 Chamois Spitzhauben, 7 silver Phoenix, 3 golden Phoenix, 3 Spitzhauben/Ameraucana, 6 Gold Spitzhauben, 3 black Ameraucana, 3 blue Ameraucana, 4 lavender Ameraucana, 2 bantam EE, 3 bantam cochins, 1 Mille d'uccle, 2 silver laced English Orpingtons, 3 silver Sebrite, 3 gold Sebrite, 1 RIR bantam 7 rosecomb, 3 Ameraucana mix color bantam, 1 white Phoenix, 1 Phoenix mix that is wheaten, 2 silver Spitzhauben, 3 juvenile Spitzhauben I might be missing one or two. I did miss two 1 lavender American Orpington and one lavender mottled American Orpington. Oops and some mixed bantams most likely Sebrite gold and silver Spitzhauben or RIR bantam and silver Spitzhauben. Lol, I'll get pictures of those soon.

Eggs in the incubator are 8 bantam eggs, 10 white eggs(Spitzhauben mix), 8 light tan(English Orpingtons), 20 blue to blue green eggs plus 4 blue eggs under a cochin broody.

My finger is tired from clicking the laughie button.

Anywho, I was so proud of myself that I was really selective to get numbers way down before our move a few months back. What a tough minded chicken farmer! So strong, so brave!
Was it my fault everyone had gone broody? Noo, not my decision!
I got the adults subtracted down until everyone was a named birdie. Even if one was "Purple Leg Band".
When our new neighbors asked how many chickens we have....
Umm...
About 20 adults?? (I was good, right?) Do chicks count?
A month later I filled 4 cages with a few birds in each to sell to a guy.
Afterwards, looked out in the yard and see the same 20 chickens, give or take. šŸ¤”

My finger is tired from clicking the laughie button.

Anywho, I was so proud of myself that I was really selective to get numbers way down before our move a few months back. What a tough minded chicken farmer! So strong, so brave!
Was it my fault everyone had gone broody? Noo, not my decision!
I got the adults subtracted down until everyone was a named birdie. Even if one was "Purple Leg Band".
When our new neighbors asked how many chickens we have....
Umm...
About 20 adults?? (I was good, right?) Do chicks count?
A month later I filled 4 cages with a few birds in each to sell to a guy.
Afterwards, looked out in the yard and see the same 20 chickens, give or take. šŸ¤”
Purple leg bad is a perfectly acceptable name for a bird! My very first chickens were named things like Big Bird, Little Bird, Red bird, Yellow Bird, etc. and honestly they were the easiest of all the birds Iā€™ve had to remember who was who. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

You people are just silly, there is no ā€œmathā€ involved!!
Hereā€™s an example..
We had 8 hens, pretty little girls scratching in the yard. I go to work, a few days later I come home and see 8 hens scratching in the yard, and 4 hens in the coop, and a rooster. Itā€™s okay though, since they just showed up.
After the weekend I go back to work, come home at the end of the week and look out in the field to see 12 hens and a roo scratching the grass looking for goodies, but there are 9 nuggets following them around, so cute when they are learning to scratch. Being as they just appeared Iā€™m not concerned, since nobody complains overly much if they find a coin on the ground, itā€™s free.
It goes on like this for months, and even years, have even had turkeys appear and Guineas.
So, in conclusion, it has nothing to do with math, I go to work and when I come home the wormhole in my property drops off a few more animals. Itā€™s a phenomenon that I donā€™t question.

You people are just silly, there is no ā€œmathā€ involved!!
Hereā€™s an example..
We had 8 hens, pretty little girls scratching in the yard. I go to work, a few days later I come home and see 8 hens scratching in the yard, and 4 hens in the coop, and a rooster. Itā€™s okay though, since they just showed up.
After the weekend I go back to work, come home at the end of the week and look out in the field to see 12 hens and a roo scratching the grass looking for goodies, but there are 9 nuggets following them around, so cute when they are learning to scratch. Being as they just appeared Iā€™m not concerned, since nobody complains overly much if they find a coin on the ground, itā€™s free.
It goes on like this for months, and even years, have even had turkeys appear and Guineas.
So, in conclusion, it has nothing to do with math, I go to work and when I come home the wormhole in my property drops off a few more animals. Itā€™s a phenomenon that I donā€™t question.
Ah yes, the wormhole phenomenon, we had that briefly but ours dropped off goats. Had to quickly block that though as I found out Iā€™m allergic. And Goat knows Iā€™m allergic and resents me for it as if I had anything to do with it!

Back
Top Bottom