Chicken Math - kinda long

Oh by the way--ended up that one chick I thought was a RIR ended up being a stow away--EE and also one that I thought was a BO--was we think an--EE too (still out for debate) because they did not get any EE in their shipment that day...Only BO--BR--SLW--RIR...So figure that out...LOL
hu.gif

Ha ha...fellow addicts unite.

I've been wanting to get into chickens for a long time. I did a lot of reading first (Thank you BYC!) , then decided to go for it. I figured a dozen was a good number, I knew for certain that I wanted Buff Orpingtons, Barred Rocks and Easter Eggers. When I went to get the chicks, they had no BO's or BR's, so I came home with 2 Speckled Sussex, 4 Wyandottes, 2 Easter Eggers, 3 Columbia Rocks and a black Australorp .. Wouldn't you know, the next week the feed store had BR's so I got 4 and another EE, then Agway had the BO's so I got 3. Somehow I now have 20 chickens, it's lunacy! They are 4 and 5 weeks old and moving outside today. I have them out in the front walk in their brooder coop while hubby puts the finishing touches on their coop & pen. I already miss their little peeps. I'm working on my chicken math, I'm pretty sure I have three roosters, I was hoping for an EE one..no such luck, so I have a rooster trade planned, and I just saw some gorgeous blue orpingtons,... I might need therapy. lol

Last edited:
Yeah--I have done my homework for a LOOONG time--knew it was something not to jump into...online here at BYC---other sites...magazines--Basically anything or anyone I could read or learn and talk chicken with....and decided to go for it. I just didn't realize I would LOVE them this much and dream about what one I want next...I am even dreaming chicken...I sit and spend girl time with them every day--of course)..But do take on a few extra hours a week to get them the few little extra niceties for them--so I might have to give up alittle time with them M-F--but make up for it on weekends watching them play with a head of cabbage or mealworms I bought them with my "extra" money.... And not to mention all the digital pics I have of them...I think my husband says I have more pics of them than I do of our wedding---OOOPPPS!!! LOL (I think I might have a problem) LOL
th.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom