Chicken Math. Or "The story of how I didn't want chickens and got hooked"

Pics
sorry for the loss of your silkie. Maybe you need to ask the flock if any of them witnessed what happened.

I have sudden visions of a cold room, bright lights, a metal desk and chair, and chickens lined up outside while I interrogate each of them individually.

"Bok! Bok bok bok bok bokka bok bok!"

Chicken TV this morning.

1. GLW Giving me the mean mug.
_DSC5773.jpg

2. SLW fledgling out exploring the yard for the first time ( let the babies out of the grow-out coop today
_DSC5788.jpg

3. Orloff!
_DSC5823.jpg

4. More mean muggin'
_DSC5846.jpg

5. Orloff!
_DSC5865.jpg

6. Orloffs sunnning in a pile
_DSC5893.jpg

7 and 8: Cluck Norris, ladies and Gentlemen.
_DSC5908.jpg
_DSC5912.jpg

Just read this from beginning to end! I laughed, I cried, I stared st the screen with my mouth open not believing how many birds you have! So sorry for your losses, so happy for your additions and beautiful chooks... you have a gorgeous flock of feathered friends! I aspire to one day have maybe ten... I’ve got seven chickies right now, but I think two might be boys. Time will tell... good luck with your flock!

I'll be honest, this was NOT what I expected to find when I went out to put the girls up this evening. Oreo the barred rock is taking care of it, but unless it's one of the BBS Bresse hens who laid it, it's a Bresse hybrid of some sort. Cluck Norris is the papa for sure. :)

This is our first live hatch. Now I understand the excitement! :)
IMG_20180430_211333.jpg

Congratulations on your first hatchling!
I just now finished this entire thread. So jealous of your gorgeous assortment of such stunning birds.
I just wanted 4 hens. One became a rooster so the breeder gave me 2 hens in exchange (2 because the roo was a Lavender Orpington). So now I had 5. Except the other Lavender Orpington decided to crow. Love this roo to pieces so I'm keeping him. Breeder was so apologetic he gave me a freebie. Can't bring home just one bird so I bought another to be a playmate. So now I have 7.
Chicken math!!!!:lau:lau

I'll be honest, this was NOT what I expected to find when I went out to put the girls up this evening. Oreo the barred rock is taking care of it, but unless it's one of the BBS Bresse hens who laid it, it's a Bresse hybrid of some sort. Cluck Norris is the papa for sure. :)

This is our first live hatch. Now I understand the excitement! :)
View attachment 1368634
:eek: I was not expect that either!

Back
Top Bottom