Chicken Math

CreekHouse HS

In the Brooder
May 26, 2022
New Here! I quickly learned what every one means about Chicken Math! I started out doing a coop with my neighbor who has years of experience. We went together to Farm N Fleet and were supposed to pick up 10 chocolate orpingtons. They didn't have our order. We couldn't simply go home empty handed. So, we picked up 2 Brahmas, 3 Cinnamon Queens, and 2 Gold Laced Wyandottes. My brother, as a surprise, picked up 3 leghorns. Well, then as my research grew I learned about Easter Eggers, so I just had to have 2 of those cuties. About 10 days later, we got the call that our orpingtons were in. So off we went. I had the chicken bug! I wanted my own coop! In the weeks that have since followed (March 11th) I now have 3 coops of various sizes and enclosed chicken run and a large fenced "free range" area. This weeks project is converting the shed into the 3rd coop as I want one big space for them to be warm for our Wisconsin winters. Thank you for letting me join the group. I'm really looking forward to all the great advice.

Back
Top Bottom