Chicken Math

bs288

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
I think I'm beginning to understand chicken math! This is my first time for chickens. We were going to get 8 easter eggers so each of the grandkids could name one. I called Meyer hatchery and they would not be ready until May so I thought I would order the mininum 3 and get the EE's in May. I ordered 3 Buff Orpingtons. We went to pick them up yesterday and I told my daughter these were my golden girls I was going to name the Rose, Dorothy, and Blanche. Daughter said I should have ordered a 4th for Sophia. so I asked for the 4th when we got there. Then I noticed a bin and asked if they were for sale. Oh my they were! So I thought I might as well get the grandkids theirs so they would all be about the same age. She gave me 4 Golden Buff and 4 darker ones I have no clue what they are. So I went for 3 and came home with 12 and didn't even get EE I oringinally wanted.

lol.png
It's a horrible addiction and you should seek professional help immediately!!!!
lol.png

Last edited:
Yes.. you must still get EEs. They are the sweetest things!

Congrats on your new babies. Now.. you know that those birdies are going to get BIG, right? Maybe too big for the grandkids to handle. You might need to get a few banties at somepoint.

*walks away nonchalantly after having planted a seed...*

Yes, chicken math is something.... I ran into a fellow today trying to sell some of his chickens. He has over 100 of them. He was amazed how fast they multiplied!!

Back
Top Bottom