Chicken meowing softly, sneezing and wheezing.

With them sneezing for over a month, they could have the infectious bronchitis virus, but testing is the only way to tell it from other common diseases such as MG. Secondary bacterial infections can be common, and can make it worse. Here is a link to read about common diseases: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

I think i took part of her nose off!!!! I just wiped gently with a Q tip!! the other side didn't fall off when i did it.......i thought it was a booger, but now she just looks like she has a much bigger nostril hole on the right side and the left side is much smaller. Awww no, i don't know what to do!!

hugs.gif
You did good. Here is about blocked nostrils. I have no idea about the other problems though, but hoping for the best.

http://www.browneggblueegg.com/Article.html

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...king-nostrils-pics-posted-more-pics-15-and-16

She is still alive, she is a lot quieter which I don't think is a good thing. Tried to check her throat again, i think i saw a white spot. I can't keep her mouth open long enough or her still enough to get a good look.

Never mind! The white stuff i saw is normal (i think). It is at the back/bottom of the tongue, and its like white spiky looking, all the others have it. I haven't seen them drink from the water, but it is a big possibility, my city has doves and pigeons that fly around everywhere, like everyone has pigeons and doves in their yard, all the stores have pigeons that go inside and eat stuff. We have a ton. Thing is, all of my other chickens are still fine, except for that one. I'm starting to think the white spot i saw earlier was a piece of paint she ate. The coop was painted with acrylic white storm coat paint, if she ate some off would it cause this? I'm not sure what s going on, becasue they usually all eat the same things, so why did she eat paint and no one else did? So i guess it isn't paint, and she is sick with something, but no one else got sick, yet. I don't know so many things i think or thought it could be.

Last edited:
Dove and pigeon are the most known vectors of,Trichomonas gallinae. This is a protozoan parasite that causes Trichomoniasis (canker), one of the most nasty disease in chickens! You should try to avoid them from getting near your floc!
See this link
https://www.google.co.il/search?q=c...ChMItoCgk9K4yAIVi20UCh1WSgxg&biw=1024&bih=671

I don't think she has that, but then when i looked down her throat i could only see her tranchea and not her windpipe becasue her togue is in the way i guess, so maybe its growing there?

I finally got a friend come over to hold her while i looked in her mouth and throat. Unfortunately there was nothing in her windpipe, I was sure there was something blocking it and if i took it out she would be fine, but there was nothing in there! There must be something wrong with her lungs, is there a medicine I can buy online to give her that will help? My feed store only carries the duramycin 10 and vet rx. mark also says he thinks she will die because she cant breathe well :(

There's an egg!! Could being egg bound cause her behavior? I don't know which one laid it it probably wasn't her though because she's been in her carrier most the time i only noticed the egg after i let her out.
Okay I found an egg binding article here, and i don't think she is egg bound, but im going to give her a long warm bath tomorrow anyways. might make her feel better if she has bronchitis, because i was a sickly child and i often had pneumonia and bronchitis and warm baths are made me feel better. I think she may have gotten pneumonia, we had a lot of rain and a cold front.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I was really worried becasue so many things had happened. I feel much better now, she is doing better on the duramycin 10. She no longer makes that noise when breathing nor does she open her mouth to like she is gasping. She is walking around and foraging. Her feathers are looking bad though, i guess it because she hasn't been grooming herself. You can still hear her breathing is rough, but only if you pick her up. I'm going to continue the duramycin 10. Eggcessive, i think you were right about the bronchitis, because she is getting better and hopefully she will continue to. I read through the disease list you shared with me with and just about all them can cause breathing issues, so i cant decide which one she may have. I might go get some Tylan injections and give her those depending on how she is doing after a few more days of duramycin. Akrnaf2, I moved the water and feeder into the run so they birds wont get into it, before i had it under a lean to thing i built. The rooster actually got dry pox before, i had forgotten about it. He was about 2 months old, none of the others ever showed any symptoms though. I bet he got it from the wild birds. I think she isn't going to die anymore, even though i said i thought she was like yesterday, i changed my mind.

Back
Top Bottom