Chicken missing a year ago...came back??

Luke, yer killin me over here!

Yeah, I'm thinking she went somewhere else for a vacation and has come back to us now. She settled right in to roost for the night without so much as a ruffled feather or a cluck from anyone else...right smack in the middle of everyone, not off to the side or in a corner..just jumped up with everyone else. Everything that I know about chicken social workings tells me that this hen is a known entity in my flock. Really. freakin. strange!

I guess anything is possible. The one thing I find odd is I had a broody she was out of the pen for 4 weeks I put her back and my flock acts like she is a new chicken. So it is odd that your flock just accepts her with no problems.

Whatsamatter.. she get dumped by her no-good, motorcycle ridin' dropout rooster boyfriend? Come back all covered in tats and wearin black? Got a brood of brats following her around now?

That mental image was great!​

I had a cat once that ran away. 8 years later, she showed up in my basement. She had gotten in through a doggie door. She hung around for a few months, and then was gone again.

I've learned with life.. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.. and your story brought happy tears to my eyes.. because.. she is a very very very special chicken.. I think that is an AWESOME STORY.. she may have just been living on another farm for a while.. and came back home to momma!!!!!

2xbWelcomeBackWinterWondersgl-vi.gif

Quote:
That's funny!

My neighbours were missing one of their ISA Browns last year. I have about a dozen ISAs of my own, so I didn't immediately notice the interloper, but one evening I was checking them all over and I found this one with no leg ring hiding out in my flock. She had moved into my coop and she stayed for a few months. After a couple of months, she moved back home again...

Our neighbors now have a cat that lived here for a couple of years, then left home and moved in over there. had other cats disappear for weeks at a time and come back a while and disappear again.

I suspect the extra one has been coming and going occasionally, thus the others left her alone.

Back
Top Bottom