chicken missing

chickanddoglvr

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 7, 2010
Cincinnati Oh
One of my chickens went missing yesterday. I did not find a body or any signs of a strugle. I don't know if she died, ran away, or was eaten. I have raccons, fox and other preditors here in Cincinnati OH. anything would be appresiated.

Look in every single spot a chicken could possibly squeeze into. You'd be surprised at how many people loose chickens only to find them days or even weeks later stuck or hidden in some place they never imagined they could get into. It really does happen a lot. Could she be broody? Was she taken during the day? Was she secured at night? If she wasn't, be sure the remaining birds are locked up tight tonight. Good luck.

If she was laying age possibly can be broody somewhere.I just found one of my hen's last week that I had given up to possible fox.She was sitting egg's in dry creek bed. Sometime's even younger one's will hide a while if a predator is around.I hope she come's back for you.

I lost a few bantam hens this way....

Bad storm blew off the top of the coop. Either a hawk or a owl got them... no way in but the top and I have both owls and hawks daily. They would take them and not leave a sign.

There are just too many ways a chicken goes completely missing to really tell you. I would check all over though... they do hide VERY well.

We lost four yesterday. Went to let them out this morning, and four were gone. No sign of anything in the coop. Checked around no feathers or any signs they were killed. But they were scared off before dark, never even went in last night . I need help also!

Back
Top Bottom