Chicken mister?

ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
So it's been pretty hot this summer and although it has cooled down this week, I think I might like to add a mister to the run.

I've seen one person on here with it and do occasionally water down the run and mist them with the hose but I haven't seen how to do it and I'd like it built in rather than me picking up the hose and misting them. They're actually scared of me with the hose but I figured with a built in mister going on at regular intervals they'd get used to it.

Any ideas on how to go about building one???

Also does it have to be connected to the hose or is there maybe a way to fill a bucket to connect to or something? Concerned about the water bill hah unless with an attachment it isn't always on?

Thanks.

Oh and also any other ideas of cooling them downnare appreciated. Thanks

Thankfully I think it's cooled down today and it's supposed to be fairly cool most of the week but there are some hot days and it'd be nice to get it set up. Or at least be able to use it next summer

So it's been pretty hot this summer and although it has cooled down this week, I think I might like to add a mister to the run.

I've seen one person on here with it and do occasionally water down the run and mist them with the hose but I haven't seen how to do it and I'd like it built in rather than me picking up the hose and misting them. They're actually scared of me with the hose but I figured with a built in mister going on at regular intervals they'd get used to it.

Any ideas on how to go about building one???

Also does it have to be connected to the hose or is there maybe a way to fill a bucket to connect to or something? Concerned about the water bill hah unless with an attachment it isn't always on?

Thanks.

Oh and also any other ideas of cooling them downnare appreciated. Thanks

They're chickens; they're scared of everything new. If you stood there with the hose in your hand, they'd eventually get used to you, too.

You can get misting systems to keep the patio cool -- same idea, just use it for the chickens. You can leave it hooked to the hose; because it 'mists' it doesn't use a lot of water. You might get a sprinkler timer to turn on the water only in the afternoon for a couple of hours during the hot part of the day if you aren't home to turn it on and off.

They're chickens; they're scared of everything new. If you stood there with the hose in your hand, they'd eventually get used to you, too.

You can get misting systems to keep the patio cool -- same idea, just use it for the chickens. You can leave it hooked to the hose; because it 'mists' it doesn't use a lot of water. You might get a sprinkler timer to turn on the water only in the afternoon for a couple of hours during the hot part of the day if you aren't home to turn it on and off.

Thats true, I hadn't realized that. I think maybe the problem too is i followed them with it when they ran away. Maybe I'll try standing there.

And I hadn't realized they sold systems, I'll look into that. Thanks :)

Thats true, I hadn't realized that. I think maybe the problem too is i followed them with it when they ran away. Maybe I'll try standing there.

And I hadn't realized they sold systems, I'll look into that. Thanks
smile.png

OMG! Not only did you show up dragging that big, scary hose, you chased them with it! You big meany, you.

I've seen kids' misting 'sprinklers' that you hook to the hose so the kids can play in the yard and get wet without turning the yard into a sodden, muddy mess. They'll probably be less expensive than those patio systems, but now you have an idea what to look for so you can look around and find something to suit your situation.

OMG! Not only did you show up dragging that big, scary hose, you chased them with it! You big meany, you. I've seen kids' misting 'sprinklers' that you hook to the hose so the kids can play in the yard and get wet without turning the yard into a sodden, muddy mess. They'll probably be less expensive than those patio systems, but now you have an idea what to look for so you can look around and find something to suit your situation.
LOL I'm sure that's probably exactly how they felt! That's a good idea too. And very true, thanks. Guess I've got a lot of looking around to do now lol

Back
Top Bottom