Chicken Molting, Sick, or Lice?

CutieBabyChicks

Chirping
Jul 24, 2020
Hey everyone! So in the last few weeks my ~8 month old Easter Egger has had a small bald patch just above her tail, on her back. I disregarded it, as it was really small. Just today however, I noticed that it hade become a pretty huge spot. So I'm not sure if this is normal molting, disease, lice, etc. She hasn't behaved any differently, and I haven't noticed any of my other chickens with a bald spot. I also don't think this is caused by other chickens - she's close to the top of the heirachy, and all of my chickens who have been bullied before were the youngest and weakest, plus they losst feathers around their neck, not around their tail. She's part of a flock of 10, if it matters.

Thanks!

IMG-9578.JPG

We actually don't have a rooster anymore. We used to have a rooster, but we gave him away a few months ago ( :( due to the noise) - this started well after him.

Hmm, that usually only occurs with a rooster... So maybe one of the hens who is higher that her in the hierarchy is just pecking her?? Not sure, someone else may have more ideas

Back
Top Bottom