Chicken mom always looking to improve

BirdyMojo

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I got my first chickens last year in March. I just got some new chicks about five and a half weeks ago. Definitely expanding my flock. I’m in love

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
8 hens, 12 chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Gold Laced Wyandottes, Rhode Island Blues, Barred Rocks, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Blue/Splash/Lavender/Buff Orpingtons, Black Sex Link, Prairie Bluebell Egger, and Starlight Green Eggers.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I have always loved animal husbandry and caring for animals. So taking care of them and experiencing their personalities is my favorite aspect.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, caring for my other exotic pets such as frogs and spiders, and learning about herbs.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I’m a professional housekeeper and pet sitter. I run my own business, and I love it. I have two dogs, two cats, dart frogs, tarantulas, eight hens, and twelve chicks. I’m grateful for my connection to animals and love spending time with them and caring for them.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Just researching random things on Google. BYC has a pretty good Google presence!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I got my first chickens last year in March. I just got some new chicks about five and a half weeks ago. Definitely expanding my flock. I’m in love

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
8 hens, 12 chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Gold Laced Wyandottes, Rhode Island Blues, Barred Rocks, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Blue/Splash/Lavender/Buff Orpingtons, Black Sex Link, Prairie Bluebell Egger, and Starlight Green Eggers.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I have always loved animal husbandry and caring for animals. So taking care of them and experiencing their personalities is my favorite aspect.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, caring for my other exotic pets such as frogs and spiders, and learning about herbs.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I’m a professional housekeeper and pet sitter. I run my own business, and I love it. I have two dogs, two cats, dart frogs, tarantulas, eight hens, and twelve chicks. I’m grateful for my connection to animals and love spending time with them and caring for them.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Just researching random things on Google. BYC has a pretty good Google presence!
Welcome to BYC!!

Sounds like you've carved out a pretty good life -- your own business and a life full of all kinds of critters. Also, you have a wonderfully diverse flock of lovely birds who should produce a rainbow basket of eggs. Congratulations!

Also, congrats on joining this community of folks who will be here to cheer your successes and help you overcome challenges. It's a caring group of people who have a wide range of expertise.

Welcome to BYC, and best wishes with your newest flock members!

Back
Top Bottom