Chicken mom turned budgie mom!

I agree that that cage would probably be fine to start with, especially since you’re starting with one. Just make sure you have it set on something, because the bird would be scared on the ground.

Budgies WILL escape the first cage in your post as there are large gaps by the doors. I used it and found that out!
Thanks! I went with this cage for a start.
Screenshot_20211127-130808_Chrome.jpg

Well....my best friend just surprised me with a blue budgie! We've been out of town so he's in a small travel cage at her house until this afternoon. I will have all his supplies and flight cage ready when he comes home.🥰
View attachment 2911843
Wow, that's a surprise! Poor little guy, it looks like his wings are clipped. Best of luck.

I've found pet store budgies the most difficult to tame of the birds I have worked with. I can tame finches, larger parrots, even quails but not budgies which were not handled already from before they leave their nest. Very nervous animals through and through, and they do very poorly alone in my experience, not playing or showing any degree of personality because it's just so ingrained in them to live in a group, so I would strongly recommend buying another as soon as possible for its well-being.

This one looks female from the white on the nostrils but flash photography can alter the appearance. You would do best to add a male, as females are the more aggressive sex. Two males will get along, and a male and a female will get along. Two females may not once they are mature.

Back
Top Bottom