Chicken mom

I have tried to find them homes and no takers. We don't allow them with the girls. Our girls go full ninja and try to drop kick them in the face before they then attack. Then it just becomes a cock fight but with hens and roosters. It's not pretty. Husband won't let them meet their end. I tried that route as well. I do enjoy watching him struggle to wrangle them into their pen when it's time for the girls to free range.
Does he have mealworms? They are a wonderful incentive for most chickens, but I'm not sure your bachelors would prefer them to the hens. 🤣

I've already surrendered to the rooster gods. My fate is to be stuck with them.
Some of my favorite chickens are 🐓. I guess your husband and I are kindred spirits. Lol.
I once gave 17 cockerels to a friend because her husband wanted to grow them out for meat. 3 years later they still have them! He just fell in love with them.
They have even more now. They free range the roosters and keep their hens and chicks in the runs. Thank goodness they don't have close neighbors. 🤣

Some of my favorite chickens are 🐓. I guess your husband and I are kindred spirits. Lol.
I once gave 17 cockerels to a friend because her husband wanted to grow them out for meat. 3 years later they still have them! He just fell in love with them.
They have even more now. They free range the roosters and keep their hens and chicks in the runs. Thank goodness they don't have close neighbors. 🤣
Our roosters free range until it's the girls turn. Luckily our neighbors don't seem to mind them. They mostly stay in our yard near the girls. We only have two runs. One for our chicken mafia aka 4 barred rock and one for the other two hens. Chicken mafia doesn't allow outsiders male or female. The boys have a coop and then two 2 by 3 pens that they get put in while the girls are out. We can't shut them in close quarters together or they'll fight. King and Morgan fight anyway on occasion. They are their own flock. Razor has claimed my husband. He waits for him to come outside so he can perch on his shoulder. He'll also push his way inside to get him if he takes too long to come outside 😂

Back
Top Bottom