Chicken momma newbie

edenfarms

Hatching
May 12, 2015
Hey everyone! I have my very first flock of chickens. We picked 13 up at our local IFA store. 3 Rhode Island reds, 3 barred rocks, 3 Ameraucanas, a wellsummer, Australorp, golden lace wyandotte, and last but not least a golden sexlink. We have 4 kids who each wanted their own special bird, that's why we have such a crazy brood.
I am pretty sure one of my RIR'S is a rooster. They are all about 13/14 weeks and the she/he is way more developed than the other girls. We call her/him Mrs. Doubtfire ha ha
They are great chickens and we are loving this expirience. Getting nesting boxes in the coop this week. Looking forward to eggs, and hoping to hear the rooster crow soon. Maybe that last one won't be so fun after awhile, but we're excited for now. Nice to meet you all!

Last edited:
Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chickens.

You can post photos at "what breed or gender is this." Individual photos are best. Clear close ups of comb, and sideview, standing naturally.. Of course we'd love to see them too.

Back
Top Bottom