Chicken name help?

yes kangaroo, but everyone refers to them as roo, or roos. I love hearing about your Northern Hemisphere problems with extreme cold in winter, and how to keep the chooks warm, and how to keep the water bowls from freezing over, and how the chickens can scratch in the snow!! Where I am, my biggest problem is keeping them cool in 45C heat in summer. Vive la difference, and how wonderful that our girls seem able to adapt to whatever country they are in!

Hi!
The names are Bigfoot, and Sweetie
smile.png
thanks for all suggestions
smile.png

Excellent! Thanks.
smile.png

yes kangaroo, but everyone refers to them as roo, or roos. I love hearing about your Northern Hemisphere problems with extreme cold in winter, and how to keep the chooks warm, and how to keep the water bowls from freezing over, and how the chickens can scratch in the snow!! Where I am, my biggest problem is keeping them cool in 45C heat in summer. Vive la difference, and how wonderful that our girls seem able to adapt to whatever country they are in!
I'm not sure what part of Australia you're in, although I'd guess somewhere in the north, but when I was there (in the month of June), I camped in Yulara and there were icicles hanging from the inside of the tent in the morning. Having travelled there in your wintertime, I can attest that it can and does get very cold in certain parts of the country.
smile.png

I have two Roosters. One is Homer, (a light brahma) named after the orange plastic buckets from Home Depot that I was using as nest boxes. The other is Romeo (a copper maran)... due to his love for his girls. Hens are all unnamed at this point.

I have two Penedesenca chick roosters with no names yet.

Back
Top Bottom