Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

That's funny, we have a pullet that does that too! It's pitiful.
roll.png
Our SLW does that too, we always say she has beauty but no brains

What breeds are your hens? Martha and Harriet are beautiful. We have an Amelia and Clara: The companions when they were younger. Clara is an Easter Egger and Amelia is a Golden Buff (Meyer's name for their golden sex-links aka Red Stars) Clara and Amelia with more ginger Clara at 2 1/2 months Amelia last weeks at a little over 3 months We also have an Elizabeth and Victoria. Elizabeth is a Buff Orpington and Victoria is a Silver Grey Dorking, both British breeds and both very stately. And we have a Black Copper Marans named Morgaine. We had a Buckeye that we gave away because s/he was acting like an aggressive roo, she could have easily been called Donna for her mahogany coloring and loud boisterousness, that or Boudica, but we never gave her a name.
Your Amelia has the proper red colour! Your chooks are really gorgeous and I love the names!ItsIt's such a shame about the buckeye I would love one but have never seen them here in North Wales. Martha and Harriet are silver pencilled wyandotte bantam pullets not far off laying. Lovejoy and Clara are brahmas, Donna and Rose are easter eggers and Tinker and Amy (who is really bossy but very sweet) are pekin bantams. We also have four chicks who are a sultan, a araucana, a sablepoot and a altsteirer so more Doctor Who names on standby for when we know their genders!

Your Amelia has the proper red colour! Your chooks are really gorgeous and I love the names!ItsIt's such a shame about the buckeye I would love one but have never seen them here in North Wales.
Martha and Harriet are silver pencilled wyandotte bantam pullets not far off laying.
Lovejoy and Clara are brahmas, Donna and Rose are easter eggers and Tinker and Amy (who is really bossy but very sweet) are pekin bantams.
We also have four chicks who are a sultan, a araucana, a sablepoot and a altsteirer so more Doctor Who names on standby for when we know their genders!

Thank you! Those are some great breeds you have, though admittedly I had to look up Sablepoot, I had come across Alsteirer, there is one very expensive breeder in the states who imports them and a lot of other rare breeds. May I ask how your EEs get along with your bantams? Do you house them all together? I know Brahmas are really docile and while our Clara is quite skittish the EEs can vary in temperament as well as color.

Amelia used to be our boldest most curious chick, she was the first to do everything and the first to get a name, when my 5 year son heard she was called Amelia he named his EE Clara right away. They are quite the pair and though they all hatched the same day, Amelia and Clara were the "big girls" taller and fast growing, probably from hybrid vigor. But now they really are the two most shy. Clara hardly ever makes a sound unless I try to pet her then she has a deep cluck and if I pick her up, goodness the squawking. Amelia has a very soft still squeaky voice and she will talk but you have to be near her to hear. Whereas Morgaine our bossy Marans who used to be so shy and quiet is now loud and complains mostly about treats saying "Give me!" "Give me!" "Give me MORE!" (she sounds like a crow) and pecks and chases the others away from the treat ball, especially Amelia.

Are you excited for the new series? Will you travel to Cardiff for the tour in August? I just heard the other day that they will be showing Deep Breath in theaters worldwide. I hope there is a showing near us, we had to wait a couple days to see Day of the Doctor in theaters but it was worth it. Feel free to PM me in response.

I've now got a silver lacewing wyandotte named Drusilla (she's a biter) and a black australorpe named Darla (she's Dru's best friend)

Well we have now had our trio of Gold Sebrights for a while and their characters are coming out.
Cockeral is Mr Punch - his crow sounds like "thats they way they do it" from the Punch and Judy hand puppets.
2 hens are - Yoga Jo - named after a friend who is a yoga teacher and she is always stretching her wings and standing on one leg!
Numpty Nelly - she is a little thick. Needs the other two to find her way out of and back into the run.

we now also have a hen named Chick-o-lay. My friends 11 year old named her. Told one of my roosts today, if he keeps his antics up his name will be BBQ.

Back
Top Bottom