Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

Pics
the bantam roosters:
black silkie- raven
black cochin-mallard
lavender dutch-brook
red pyle OEGB- dove
mottled cochin-cloverleaf
spangled OEGB-spice
the crosses are tonto,
teeny,
ivory,
goldenshine (those four are to be sold ASAP ),
chive,
and darkflight.
the bantam hens:
partridge OEGB-ceena (pronounced see-na)
silver duckwing OEGB-toaster
self blue belgain bearded d'uccle- wobble
black rosecomb-anna
white cornish- sugar
black mottled belgain bearded d'uccle-tiny
the crosses are sapphire,
opal,
stormpuff,
aurora,
pearl,
amethyst,
snowdancer,
ebony,
and whisper. stormpuff's sister bumble died about a year ago.
standard hen:
white leghorn- June

Last edited:
I have seven chickens at the moment.
Miniature Fancy Rhode Island Red Rooster - Louie. We thought he was a hen when we got him so his name was Lucy-Ann until he started crowing.
Red Sex Links Hen - Tiny. She is actually bigger than my rooster
tongue.png

Welsummer Hen - Maple. Very pretty hen.
Delaware Hen - Chloe. She was named after Cleopatra because when she was a chick she had lines beside her eyes that looked like eyeliner.
Barred Rock Hen - Flower. Named after the little skunk in Bambi.
Mini Fancy RIR/RS Mix Hen - Wafers. She is Tiny and Louie's chick. Named after her aunt, Nilla.
Mini Fancy RIR/Cochin Mix Hen - Coral Rose. Named Coral from 'Finding Nemo'. She got her name Rose from her mother, Rotisseri.
* Here are the names of my chickens that have been sold, killed, or have... died.
Mini Facy Mottled Cochin Hen - Magnolia. She was killed by a Hawk. I WATCHED her get decapitated
barnie.gif

? Hen - Lemmon Pepper. Killed by the same hawk as Magnolia. When we got to the coop she was only bones.
White Leghorn Hen - Nilla. She was Tiny's sister. They had the same dad, diferent mom. She died of dehidration.
White Japaneese Rooster - Speedy. Very fast rooster. He was sold. I had to sell him... I had three rooster's at the time.
Black Japaneese Rooster? - Jumper. He would jump/fly up onto my head to roost. He was sold to the same people as Speedy.
Three Rhode Island Red Chicks - Patrick, Thomas and Suisoki. Killed by the three larger chicks of their group (Maple, Chloe and Flower).
Mini Black Cochin Hen - Rotisseri (Tissi). Tissi was the sweetest hen I ever had. She went broody this spring, laying on seven eggs. Nine days before they were supposed to hatch a five foot long chicken snake got into the coop. She tried as hard as she could by standing in front of the only entrance into the coop but the snake killed her and ate almost all of the eggs until my grandpa killed it. When I went to the coop to get her dead body the next day I looked in the laying box and there was little Coral Rose. I picked her up , shaking with excitment and joy and put her in a little box. When I went back into the run to get Tissi's body I found a NOTHER chick! It wasn't her chick but it had hatched from one of the eggs she had been laying on. It looked just like its mama, Tiny. They both live to this day but I still mourn over Tissi's loss even now.
There they are
smile.png

Jessica

I have 6 chickens names, Daisy, Kiev, Curry, Korma, Sally and Mary. Also have 2 ducks called Dora and Daffy.

Silkies :
Sampson - Black Roo
Taffy - Buff
Butterscoth - Buff
Snowball - White
Roody - Blue
Topsy - Blue
Turvy - Blue
Skip - Blue
Splish - Splash
Splash - Splash (obviously
tongue.png
)
Pika - Splash

new additions :
Shadow : ? mystery color - grey?
Hawk : ? Mystery color - grey
Midnight - Black
Maddy - Black

EE's : I have 10 - and 7/10 have cookie/icecream names
wink.png

Crow
Falcon
Chocolate Chip
Buttercup
Macadamia
Fudge
Caramel
Muffin
Griffin
Cookie

(P.S. many names were either picked or had to be approved by my 5 yr old
wink.png
)

Last edited:
big_smile.png
*Easter Eggers*
big_smile.png

Rambo (black)
Dumpling (mixed colors)
Henny Penny (yellowish)
Mozart (white/black)
Little Red
Big Red
Romeo & Juliet (roo and hen in love)
T-Rex (red and blue)

I hav a laced Wyandotte roo named tango, a pullet named Loki (I can't remember what kind), another one of those named Melissa, a turkin named cotton, a turkin named iris, a call duck named xiaoxiao, a call duck named quack, and lots of unamed birds

Roosters: Colonel (pronounced like Kernal), Leroy, and Drew
Hens: Luna, Annabelle, Riya, Ginger, and Sammie.
And I did have a Lillie, Maddie, Ross, and a Frie but I just gave them away.
sad.png
No room for them in our coop.

We have-

Delilah- Black Australorp
Maple- Buff orpington
Sophie- Silver Laced Wyandotte
Shirley- Columbian Wyandotte
Hazel- Barred Plymouth Rock
Kitty- Speckled Sussex
Lola- Easter Egger
Sassafras- Easter Egger

smile.png