Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

Pics
We went to S. Coffeyville OK basically to pick up 5-doz. eggs and saw the noisey Smith Brother that we gave him. He looked GREAT and the way the hens followed him around, he looks like a rock star. FWIW He is only charging $1/doz for eggs, Mostly RIR and Barred Rock. I hope Gen. Grant hurrys up and replaces the tail the Mexican kids jerked out. The rooster and the former top rooster are basically getting along OK he said. There are about 60 hens involved. Must be nice.

2 BR - Frick and Frack
2 Golden Comet - Peaches and Clementine
2 Brahma - Aggie (dark) and Pat (buff)
3 EEs - Stink, Faye and Big Poppy (formerly Marge)
2 RIR - Reba and Ruby
3 BOs - no names cuz I can't tell them apart! one of them is psycho though
2 JG - Yankee and Annie

My hens are...

Rachel - BO
Molly - Lakenvelder
Selena - White Faced Black Spanish
Amelia - EE
Delores - EE
Jules - EE
Penelope - EE
Eva - EE
Isabel - EE
Gemma - EE

My POL pullets are...

BellaLuna - EE
Honey - RSL X BO

13 wk pullets are ...

Dover - Delaware
Smyrna - Delaware
Laurel - Delaware
Lizzie - EE
Lady Jane - EE
Miss Mary/Fanny - EE (not 100% sure on these 2)
Lidia/Harriet - EE
Kitty - EE

6,4 & 2 wk chicks are ...

Sunshine - EE
Uno - EE
Ginger - RIR
Cinnamon - EE
Nutmeg - EE
Tamarind - EE

clove, black and white pekin bantom
and
nutmeg also the same breed
smile.png

Four RIRs. They don't have proper names. Well, they did, as my sister and mom named them, but nobody called them by that. These are the names they've picked up:

Midget - Self-explanatory, second-lowest in pecking order. Has a bald spot behind the comb, thanks to the Ostrich's incessant bullying.

Ostrich - Has the habit of sticking her neck out as far as it can possibly go, top of the pecking order.

Scaredy-cat - Jumpy, hates being petted, but is somehow Ostrich's second in command.

The Other One, or The Oddball - Lowest in pecking order, and has no real quirks. Thus, it is the Other One. A friend suggested calling her Oddball because she's the only non-quirky chicken we have.
lol.png

I know, we give our chickens mean names, er, nicknames.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom