Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

We named ours as chicks and as they got older altered their names a little for nicknames or to better suit their personas.
BSL- Onyxia (Ony Bird) Onyx is a black gem and there's a World of Warcraft dragon named Onyxia so we went with that.
RIR- Phillie (Lil' Phil, Little Red, Phillie Girl) She's red and we are Phillies fans being from the Philly area originally. She's the runt of the group.
Welsummer- Tea (Miss Tea) She had the classic welsummer stripe down her head as a chick so my bf wanted to name her Mr. T. and I insisted on a girl name, Tea was a compromise.
EE- Eleanor (Big Mama Ely) She looked like a chipmunk as a chick, had the puffy cheeks, so we named her after the smallest Chipette from the Chipmunks. She ended up being the one all the other girls went to for comfort and she was the largest chicken for a while so she got the Big Mama added pretty early on.

My girlies are called Nugget, Queenie, Batman, Thor, Sunday, Derp, Houdan ( derived from Houdini ) Sasha, Poe, and Chicken Boo (named after the chicken in the Anamaniacs)
big_smile.png

^This is Clifford (Like the big red dog, except the big red chicken!)

^This is King Louis (pronounced "Loo-ee")

^This is Dumb Cluck. It may sound mean, but I love him and he deserves the name
lau.gif

I also have two call ducks named Chuckle and Duckie (very creative, I know!)

^ These are both pictures of Priscilla, my Dark Cornish hen.

^ My Dark Cornish rooster Mr Rex

^ The rooster is The Boss, The hen next to him is either Lucinda or Florinda (they look very similar), and the little hen at the bottom is Dumpling :) They are all Speckled Sussex

This is Igor the Magnificent

Mavis, Betty and Joy (Red Stars)

Igor and Pansy weeding (light sussex and buff orphington)
Daphne has just joined us but she's in quarantine for a while.

Back
Top Bottom