Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

Pics
neville,Roody, colourful cockerel,maran, monty, rocki, smocky, chuck, noisy, fatfoot, charlie, speck , kfc, spottie feathers, big comb, yorkie, derek, doodle, sugar, sprinkle, poppy, freddie, dave, polo, rolo,

Just a few of my chickens names!!x

Last edited:
My favorite ones name is persus he's a 5 month old silkie that sleeps cuddled up next to my cat every night lol
The others in my flock is Red(frizzle Cochin), Foxy(silkie), Mama(silkie), Buddy(Cochin), Coco(Cochin), chocolate(Cochin), Bo Bo(silkie), and aly(Cochin).

I have a blue splash silkie who started life out as Shayla then at about 3 months and after his first crow he became Shayne
woot.gif

I haven't gotten my chicks yet but I have some ideas for names.
smile.png

Easter Eggers: Leghorn: Ancona:
Olivia Bell Brandy
Amelia Lucy Speckles
Opal Eve Mae
Florence June Lila

I hope this helps! I know that some people don't like the older names but I think they have character.
big_smile.png

I love it! My three Buff Orpington's names are: Honey (darkest, looks like honey), Sunny (side up and personality), Blondie (lightest, and named after my mom). It is like a show watching them!
pop.gif

We dont know breeds yet, because we bought a mix and they are only 2 weeks old. But we picked our names anyway

Abigail - our biggest girl!
Beatrice
Clara
Diana
Ester
Fern
Gertie
Henrietta

Hen names used in the past: I can’t remember them all honestly

Rhode Islands: Phoenix Birds, Mey Rin, Red birds, Rot (german for red)
Black Sex Links: Kuu (name came from a crow in a Japanese comic, and also, the Hiragana for “ku” is
which looks like a bird beak.)
Australorps: Sweetie/Iza (came from “eyes, because she had such huge cute eyes), Zombie Chicken (dad gave her a twist because she was ill, was up and walking about 5 hours later)
Wyandottes: Silver/Argentine, Gold,
New Hampshire Reds: Riza, Setta (from the words Rise and Set from sunrise and sunset)
Buff Orpington: forgot it, but it was probably Sonne, German for Sun
Ameracaunas: Eagle (brown with a white head), Dusk (brown head and grey body), Galileo (thought was a rooster)
Barred Rocks: Dinner and Evil (didn’t like these guys, hence the poor names)
Welsummer: Frappe (cocoa just seemed too common)
Bantam: Kurohime (which meant black [Kuro] and princess [hime] in Japanese. She was all black)

Roosters get specialty names. I look hard for something in Greek myths, old names, or origin names.

Ameracauna rooster: Aristotle AKA Ari, Galileo (which turned out to be a hen)
Ameracauna/Buff Orpington mix- Ari’s sons [2]: The boys (these are the only ones who didn’t get specialty names because we were supposed to get rid of them so I never came up with anything)
Ameracauna [2] (which were supposed to be pure but looked more like the buff mixes I had hatched the previous year- which were pale yellow white with a few black spots on their wings) Argo and Caesar
French Black and Copper Marans: Pierre

Names for my 2013 chicks

Black Sex Links: Ninja, Shinobu Yui (ninja because she was all black as a chick and jumped… a lot. Shinobu Yui is a character whose name is very close to Shinobi, which is Japanese for ninja. It’s just fun to say. My mom hates it)
ISA: Isa (award winner for creativity right here)
Wyandottes: Heart and Soul (my cousin gave me the idea from the heartgold and soulsilver pokemon games. I couldn’t call them gold and silver since I still have Gold alive from the last set).
New Hampshire Reds: Alba (Italian for sunrise- I wanted to keep it similar to Riza, my favorite hen that I eventually lost due to the 2008 flood)
White Leghorn: unnamed. Originally I had Kuroko, which is a character in a Japanese Anime who is all white despite his name meaning black (kuro).
Australorps: Midori (Japanese for Green, which is for the green shine on her feathers), unnamed
Black Jersey Giant: unnamed

Hens names.
Gem
Ginger
Gina
Cleopatra
Penelope
Priscilla
Toshiba
Lady
Pink
Prissy