Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

I called the most dominant leghorn Van Halen even though she is a female haha. First song I heard after getting my first eggs was Jump, and because of her long comb that goes over her eyes, made me think of Van Halen when he had long hair LOL.

And I call the brown one Sunny (short for Sunshine because of her color) and the (I think) EE is called Blue, for the blue eggs haha.

I named my first batch of chicks (all EEs) after the Downton Abbey Ladies. I had a big gray who was very regal and ruled the nest and laid dark olive eggs - I named her Lady Violet - she was beautiful but got out of her coop and was killed by a friend's dog. Lady Cora was killed by a possum - kind of an ignominious way to die. She laid the prettiest pale taupe colored eggs. I was really sorry to lose her. Mrs. Patmore was assassinated by a raccoon. Then poor Lady Edith got slashed up by the same possum that killed her (TV) mother but she survived. She looks a little worse for wear and will probably have a hard time attracting a rooster.

I have a pale timid whitish chicken that we named Lavinia Swire because she looked sickly and I didn't think she would make it past the first season. She's still with us though and lays the prettiest pale pink eggs. I named the two prettiest hens after Lady Mary and Lady Sibyl. The ordinary ones I named after the household help - Mrs. O'Brien is the mean one who bosses everyone around. Daisy and Anna are the sweet ones but kind of plain.

I've since moved all the girls to a new coop that is, I hope, more predator proof. I think I need a rooster to name "The Earl of Grantham". Earl for short which is appropriate since I live in rural Georgia and there are a lot of guys named "Earl".
big_smile.png

My fat Isa Brown is called Chippy. My smaller Isa Brown is called Curious. It sounds nice together. Chippy and Curious. My niece can't tell which is which so she calls them Fatty and Skinny.

Back
Top Bottom