Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

We have 11 and my wife, 8 year old daughter, and I named them. They are:

Uno --Blue Copper Marans (top of the pecking order)
Domino - Silver Laced Wyandotte
Wiggy - Beautifully crested Cream Legbar Pullet
Speckles - Speckled Sussex
Skid - Golden Campine (she was and addition and was very skittish at first and came running around the corner, skidding into the door of the run)
Swedy -Swedish Flower Hen
Strutty - Blue Andalusian (she struts around)
Raven - Black Andalusian
D2 - Silver Laced Wyandotte (Domino 2)
Roo Roo - Cream Legbar Rooster
Misfire - Cream Legbar Rooster that was supposed to be a hen (he must be crosseyed or something because when he pecks at something, he is usually 1/2" too low and misses, thus "misfire")

We had fun naming them! I know they are not sophisticated names but we like them!

The chick I rescued I just called 'kitty', even though I gave her the name Chykka (technically from a Metroid game). The wild rooster outside I named Castiel from Supernatural (because he appears out of nowhere and is socially awkward). There's also a wild mockingbird that would stalk me when I took the chicken outside, and I nicknamed him Jericho for whatever reason.

Mine are Joanne, Alice, Lisa, and Limpy. Very distinct personalities! Joanne is the bully, Alice is the beautiful one, Lisa is the smartest and friendliest, and Limpy, who used to be called Penelope, is living out a happy retirement. I love them all.

Sort of random but when our guinea pig Ginger had babies we named her babies GingerSnap and Oreo. As you can see, I like themes as well :)
I like themed names (like Ginger and The Cookie Girls XD) or a name that describes the animal. Our Himalayan guinea pig Ruby got her name because she had beautiful red eyes. Her full name? Ruby Red-Eyes. Lol, my brother comes up tith the best names

I have a buff orpington x white leghorn that I am pretty convinced is a cockerel. I'm trying to brainstorm a better name for him. So far we just call him Mutt Baby. Any ideas? He's white with streaks of buff and one small black feather on his backside.

My golden-laced wyandotte rooster is Vivaldi. The girls are, in age order (easiest to remember):
Coriander - Welsummer
Zephyr - Barred plymouth rock
Lily-Ameraucana
Comet - White-faced black spanish
Foghorn (Foggy) - Leghorn
Tarragon - Australorp
Flower - ISA Brown
Kamille - ISA Brown
Xenia - Golden-laced wyandotte
Guinevere - Speckled sussex
Harlot - Speckled sussex
Fiona - Golden-laced wyandotte
Phoenix - Barred plymouth rock/golden-laced wyandotte cross
Lucille - ISA brown/golden-laced wyandotte cross
Baby - ISA brown/golden-laced wyandotte cross
Alba - White leghorn/golden-laced wyandotte cross
Lily's daughter (as yet unnamed) - Ameraucana/golden-laced wyandotte cross

I also have fifteen younger chickens... but only half are named, some are cockerels, and one is leaving for a new home tomorrow morning, so I won't list them.

Lola and Lulu

We haven't named all of them but a few of our flock have gotten names from our 4 year old.

Fancy Pants - bantam rooster
Cranky - fancy pants bantam girlfriend who yells at me everyday when I gather the eggs
Captain Bar - rock rooster
Suzie & Hector - Muscovy ducks
Silverbell - female slate blue hen my uncle gave her
TomTom - male slate blue turkey
Tagalong - Buff Orp that follows her every where
Stoner - Plymouth rock hen who lost her eye after being hit by a rock from the mower (husband named her)

There are still 20 more turkeys to be named and probably the same amount of chickens too. Think I need leg bands!

Back
Top Bottom