Chicken Names- whats your chickens name?

RIR:Glory NHR:Dory LH:Margo and 3 Banty cochins: Gidet, Chloe, and Penny.Just went out of town last night! Can't wait to see how much they've grown when I get back in 8 days!

Last edited:
D.gif
I am new at this but I wanted to posted my hens and roosters names...
Roosters.. 1) Roo 2) Grease 3) Red 4) R&R
Hens.... 1) LittleBit.. 2) Pretty Girl ..3) JE... 4) Nugget.... 5) Miss B.... 6) Butter Cup.. 7) T-Girl ...8) BuckEye... 9) Goldie.....10)..Julia Roberts . 11) Sandra Bullock...12) Oreo... 13) Fudge... 14) Sophie... 15) Star.. 16) SunShine...17) Lace...

There you have them.
love.gif
Love My Flock ... (3) Barred Rocks, (3) New Hamphire Reds, (7) Australorps, (3) Bk Sex Links Silks , (5) Red Rocks

Last edited:
:cd I am new at this but I wanted to posted  my hens and roosters names... 
Roosters.. 1) Roo 2) Grease 3) Red 4)  R&R 
Hens.... 1) LittleBit.. 2) Pretty Girl ..3) JE... 4) Nugget.... 5) Miss B.... 6) Butter Cup.. 7) T-Girl ...8) BuckEye... 9) Goldie.....10)..Julia Roberts . 11) Sandra Bullock...12) Oreo... 13) Fudge... 14) Sophie... 15) Star.. 16) SunShine...17) Lace...

There you have them.:love  Love My Flock ... (3) Barred Rocks,  (3) New Hamphire Reds, (7) Australorps, (3) Bk Sex Links Silks , (5) Red Rocks​
Welcome to the flock!

I have a Sussex named Marshmallow
1f60b.png
she seems to be the leader and also the most entertaining and interactive. Our 2nd chicken is Pinto, she's a silver laced Wyandotte I believe. A couple weeks ago I bout an Ameraucana who I named Cali and my new fav a silver laced Sebright I named Chiyo(so tiny!)
263a.png
I also added two Rhode Island reds(I think they are, they look kind of turkey like though) to the coop which I haven't named yet. As well two new ducks today! I have two big ducks also(no names), whom are a lil over a month old(very shy, hopefully I can ask q's about ducks on a different part of this forum) and one more duck whom is about a month. No name for that one either, due to my sadness from the it's sister passing away last week
1f61e.png
but hopefully I'll have some name inspiration tomorrow!

My observational skills seem to improve with naming. I don't intentionally name my chickens...but a few get 'names' when I am describing them to family.
Like Goldfish, because I hand raised her for a couple of weeks then bought other chicks which she bonded with and promptly forgot how much she cheeeeeped for my attention, she runs away from me now!
Then there is Thunderlina, sister of now deceased Thunder Thighs....when running to me holding the feed bucket, these two massive meaty-type chicks shook the ground and made me laugh no matter how I felt on the day.
I also have the Poxy-5, my 5 broody chicks who survived dry pox at Christmas and still insist that their fermented feed tastes better from the serving spoon I hold.
Then there is Booofy, she went into shock when her mama weaned her (mama is a sweet chronic broody now known as Boofy's Mama) and I had to make sure Boofy got access to food by sneak feeding her quietly around corners and calming her by admiring her fluffy crest. Boofy holds her own now, but still protests at the lack of personal food deliveries.
Most fascinating has been watching Goldfish and her adoration of Naked Neck (I just have one chubby naked neck cockerel from a meaty chick batch who has taken on full rooster responsibilities, including eliminating Thunder Thighs, at 5 months of age!). Naked Neck will not sleep in the coop, and Goldfish will only sleep with him on the bent papaya tree branch beside the coop, she is half his size and ready for laying, he does not ever try to mate her only the girls a couple of months or more older. They are separate during the day but at night Goldfish is tucked against Naked Neck, just no longer under his wing so much.

Rhode Island Red- Hawaii. Female
Black Australorp- Bailey. Female
White Leghorn- April. Female
Silver Laced Wyandotte- Alaska. Female
Buff Orpington- Bella. Female

I have a buff orp. named Scarlett, since I read a post once where that breed was called the "Scarlett Johannsen" of chickens. Also 2 golden laced Wyandottes named Henrietta and Wednesday (because we got them on a Wednesday). Getting 3 new chicks in a few weeks. Planning on naming two of them Thelma and Louise. Saw another post with a suggested name of Sofia Laurhen. I love it and I love the name Sofia so I'm going with that for the third chick.

I have a buff orp. named Scarlett, since I read a post once where that breed was called the "Scarlett Johannsen" of chickens. Also 2 golden laced Wyandottes named Henrietta and Wednesday (because we got them on a Wednesday). Getting 3 new chicks in a few weeks. Planning on naming two of them Thelma and Louise. Saw another post with a suggested name of Sofia Laurhen. I love it and I love the name Sofia so I'm going with that for the third chick.

I like those names!

Back
Top Bottom