Chicken names

I love some of these names! There’s a wonderful coop article about a coop built into a garage and one of the hens is named “The Philosopher!”

Mine have unoriginal names but they just seemed to happen. The two Buff Orpingtons are Big Bird and Little Bird. The Black Australorp used to have a sweet white underside and DH named her White Butt. Not my choice, but it has stuck. She is nearly all black now! The GL Wyandotte is named Callie. A family calico cat was once named Calicat, and Callie Chick is her namesake.

All my pets gather extra names over the years; we’ll see what happens with the chickens.

Named so far in my new flock:
Lance
Guin
Rihanna
Boy George
Rose
Dorothy
Sophia
Blanche
Blanche2
Blanche3
Lady
Spot
Rover
McCloud
Gracie
Hecate
Marie Laveau
Morgana
Sybil
Merlin
Jane
Mrs. McNosh
Curly
Henry
Sushi
Hercules
Hector

MY CHICKEN NAMES:
Barred rock: Stubby
Cornish cross: Pancake (or North Star)
Silkie: Westie
Ayam Cemani boy: Juno
Ayam Cemani girl: Jade
Rhode Island Red: Wildfire
Golden Comet: Picasso
Unknown breed (pic below): Cookie Crumbles (aka Oreo)
New Hampshire Red: Mystery

DUCK NAMES:
Pekin girl: Cannon
Pekin boy 1: Sailor
Pekin boy 2: Pumpkin Pie

OTHER ANIMAL NAMES:
Pomeranian: Jetty
Lovebird: Hope
Turtle: Lola
Freshwater Snails: Lucky, Gupper, Poppy, Luv, Payona, kala, Opal, Jayla
Land Snails: Butter, Cora, Diva, Universe, Opala, Jw
Lizard: Otis

EGGS TO HATCH:
Oakley
Hana (means one in korea)
Chimes
Juniper
Maple
Quincy

Phew, that’s a lot! :th

I let my son name the ones he like the best, and so far we have Brownie (who is actually not brown), Pepaw, Little Duck. I’ve been giving the other names when I think I good ones. So we also have a Dumbledor, Peanut Jr., Little Buff, Red, Hedwig, and Rooster

We have a lot of chicks, so far only a few have names:
Goldie - my fav girl- Golden comet. The second one still needs a name - so far she's Goldie's Mini Mi

Night and Star - black sex links. Night is completely black, and Star was all ugly and scrappy looking until she feathered out and now she has this beautiful golden mane around her whole neck!

Peanut (butter...) - RIR. Her sister still needs a name...

One of my Speckled Sussex is the smallest of this bunch, and is often whining- she needs a name! I liked the name Twig someone had mentioned- that might be her new name, as it kinda fits her.

And we had a White Plymouth Rock which I loved, and her name was Noolie, after a famous character (who was a yellow chick puppet) from an Israeli kids' TV program that we all grew up watching, in the days when there was literally only one channel to watch.

The rest don't have names, either they'll get them later as inspiration hits or they'll just keep coming when they feel like it ;)

Buffy (buff brahma)
Leggy (leghorn)
Goldie (gold/buff leghorn)
Henny (barred rock, used to have a sister named Penny)
Lovely (black australorp)
Stella (black australorp)
Winnie (black australorp - she was poohed on early on in life)
Daisy Dot (white australorp who has a black dot on her head)
Princess Laya (golden laced wyandotte)
Scarlett O (blue copper maran)
Bunny (easter egger)

I have a few of those breeds! I have

Rhode island red:Ginger, Cinnamon, Olive, Remmi, Boss Hog, and Peaches

Gold laced wyandotte:Cleopatra, Savannah, and Tootsie

Barred Rock: Elvis, Cash, Sweet Pea, and Mary Ann
Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom