Chicken Names?

I love the names so far! :)
love.gif

I've got 4 hens - Athena, Calypso, Penelope & Nausicaa - & 1 rooster - Odysseus. I have 8 chicks that are arriving in May - Acantha, Iambe, Pandora, Sparta, Andromeda, Hippolyta, Pyrrha & Persephone. Any of their offspring that I get to hatch will also be named after Greek mythology figures (with the exception of the first rooster I get from them; he'll be named Dorian after my favourite NPC in Dragon Age: Inquisition).

For my future flocks:

The Svart Höna will be named after characters from the comic book Hellblazer (a wishlist breed) - Papa Midnite, Zed, Epiphany, Chantinelle, Rosacarnis, Constantine
The Dwarf Olandsk will be named after dwarves from LOTR and the Dragon Age games (also a wishlist breed) - Varric, Bianca, Dagna, Thorin, Shale, Astyth, Fili, Kili, Dis
The Phoenix bantams will be named after the cosmic characters in Marvel Comics (starting on this line with hatching eggs next week) - Cerise, Ava'Dara, Korvus, Nova, this list is really huge because they have a lot of characters in the Marvel Comics world
The Ohiki will be named after figures from Japanese mythology (another wishlist breed) - Izanami, Izanagi, Amaterasu, Uzume, Omoikane, Otohime,

I like to name things and themes. :D

Currently
Ducky, Pea, Jay, Poptart, Z, Charger, Kanga, Rue, Twinkie, Lacy, Belle, Bonnie, Itty Bitty, Smartypants, Tweetle, Elizabeth, Apple, Salt, Pepper

Soon to add

Patty, Dionne, Whitney, Gladys, Ella, Tina, Lucy, Cecilia, Moon Shadow, Sandy, Ruby, Rose
Then 14 more that I have not chosen names for yet.

DH does not know about the other 14 yet.
hide.gif

The other 14 will be
3 BO, 4 buff laced polish, 4 wellsummer and 3 partridge rock

Last edited:
Just some ideas for everyone, i dont have chickens yet, but will be getting chickies in june....

Girl names: Ginger, Gambela, Amber, Abiona, Ruby, Bailey, Chilaili (pronounced "cha~lay~lee") Ivory, Kyra, Lulu, Misty, Willow, Nikita, Sheena, Spirit, Zena, Goji, Jewel.

Boy names: Bruno, Bruce, Monster, Cisco, Oskar, Blazer, Raptor, Thor, Zeus, Tundra, Stoli, Tansai, Lava.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I have 6 Buff Orpington chicks....

Blossom
Bubbles
Buttercup
Miss Priss (She is a bossy little thing)
Matilda
Tallulah

.....and one lone Black Australorp named CoCo.

If any of them end up cockrels then it's name will be changed to Soup.

Noisy, Crazy, Featherless, Fatty, Ponyo, Nugget, Buttercup, Blondie, Brunette, Jewels,Tweety, Smalls, Pepper and Salt.

Back
Top Bottom