Chicken Necropsy Results - RIP Nervous Nelly

The Histopathology results said that cancer cells (I believe) they found showed it was more likely AVL. They gave me the option to do viral testing to confirm, but I didn't feel the need to pay for more testing, wait another 3 weeks, just to determine which viral disease my flock has.
My heart about dropped into my butt when the vet told me the cause of death was Marek's after already getting the ALV diagnosis. But yeah, very similar and same general care from here. Any issues in the rest of your flock?

My heart about dropped into my butt when the vet told me the cause of death was Marek's after already getting the ALV diagnosis. But yeah, very similar and same general care from here. Any issues in the rest of your flock?
So far everyone seems good. Its hard to believe they're all infected by the way their acting. I'm grateful for that.
Its hard, it really is, but after you realize that its not gonna change the way to keep your flock, love your flock, or spend time with your flock. It gets better. I'm disappointed about having to end a breeding project I wanted to start to sell chicks next year, but a friend of mine is keeping her breeding project going, so I can satisfy my incubating needs with that.
I appreciate your support, its nice to hear from others going through the same thing. :)

Back
Top Bottom