Chicken newbie in Florida

FowlmouthChick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 22, 2012
South Florida
Hey chicken buddies,

Like many of you here, I've been bitten by the chicken bug. Six months ago I was scootering around my sub-division and saw a yard with free ranging chickens. They were lovely birds and reminded me of my childhood growing up frequently spending time on a family members farm. I was curious. What did it take to raise chickens in the city?

An acquaintance recommended this site and several others for researching my new found desire to raise chickens. This site won me over with its extensive knowledge and helpful info on raising chicks, coops, etc.

As of Easter weekend, we have acquired four adorable buff Orpingon chicks and I am smitten. My little ladies have been spending some free range time outside with me being very much the "mother hen" and not letting them out of my site. Its adorable and endearing how they follow me!

I am really glad to have found this site and vast font of chicken knowledge to help me raise this little ladies. Looking forward to getting to know more of you here.

welcome-byc.gif
So You Got your Self a New Out Door TV .. I Spend a lot of time watching the Chicken Channel on mine ! Welcome To BYC ~Corinne

Thanks all for the welcome. Like you guys, I can spend hours watching my chicks. I've taken to telling all my friends I have zen chickens because they seem to put me in a trance with their cute little peeps and scratching about.

Back
Top Bottom