1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Newbie in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OkieBYCNewbies, Apr 17, 2016.

1. OkieBYCNewbies

OkieBYCNewbies New Egg

Apr 17, 2016
    Hi All! We have been following this site and reading forums for about 6 months. We have been raising chickens for almost a year now. We have 3 hens that live in a coop in our backyard. We are pretty sure one is a RIR and two are Buff Orpingtons. We got the chicks from a Pre-K teacher here that hatches chicks every spring with her class. I'm looking forward to making my visits here more frequent!

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Welcome to BYC - I am glad you have decided to take the plunge from reading to posting.

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you decided to join us. And so glad your chickens turned out to be gals!

4. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard with us.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you aren't sure of breed you can post photos at "what breed or gender is this."

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by