Chicken Newbie SW Missouri

Skysusan

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2017
I am really looking forward to reading all the info you guys have to offer. My daughter and I recently started out as "first time chick raising mama's". Years ago, 23 that is, someone gave me their flock of adult Buff Orpington's, 1 rooster and about 6 or 7 hens. I really didn't know anything about them or trying to raise any chicks from eggs. Sooo... this time we did some investigating. We found out the Orpington's are one of the more docile breeds for one. So yada, yada, yada..., we now have 2 pullet Chocolate Cuckoo Orpington's and 2 Backyard Cockrels (we think) at 12 wks. We just purchased 5 more Buff Orpington 7 wk. old pullets, (1 might be a cockrel?), 1 10 wk. old black Silkie pullet? and 1 black and white 10 wk. old Polish Tolbent pullet? We raised the first 4 chicks from 1 wk. old and the rest just a week ago. So we need all the advise we can get. Look forward to chatting with you all. Susan (a 50 something chicken newbie) in SW Missouri

Hello!
Welcome to Backyard Chickens! Glad you joined us! I am sure we will all be happy to share everything we know with you! And we will look forward to hear what you have to say about your birds! You can start a thread about you chickens and talk about them and share pics! :welcome

I am really looking forward to reading all the info you guys have to offer. My daughter and I recently started out as "first time chick raising mama's". Years ago, 23 that is, someone gave me their flock of adult Buff Orpington's, 1 rooster and about 6 or 7 hens. I really didn't know anything about them or trying to raise any chicks from eggs. Sooo... this time we did some investigating. We found out the Orpington's are one of the more docile breeds for one. So yada, yada, yada..., we now have 2 pullet Chocolate Cuckoo Orpington's and 2 Backyard Cockrels (we think) at 12 wks. We just purchased 5 more Buff Orpington 7 wk. old pullets, (1 might be a cockrel?), 1 10 wk. old black Silkie pullet? and 1 black and white 10 wk. old Polish Tolbent pullet? We raised the first 4 chicks from 1 wk. old and the rest just a week ago. So we need all the advise we can get. Look forward to chatting with you all. Susan (a 50 something chicken newbie) in SW Missouri
Welcome welcome welcome from Ohio!!!!!

Hello!
Welcome to Backyard Chickens! Glad you joined us! I am sure we will all be happy to share everything we know with you! And we will look forward to hear what you have to say about your birds! You can start a thread about you chickens and talk about them and share pics! :welcome
Yes, I will definitely have to do that, with pics and everything! Thanks

Welcome!! :welcome There is tonssss of information on here, I am new as well!!!

Back
Top Bottom