Chicken newbie!

AlexiaMB

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2018
Hello fellow chicken lovers!
My name is Alexia. I live in the PNW, and I am brand new to owning chickens. We just got our chicks 2.5 weeks ago. I spent all my childhood telling friends that I wasn't a farm girl, and here I am now embracing the idea!
My husband has been wanting chickens for fresh eggs for a few years now, and I finally decided to give in and go for it. We got a Golden Sex-Linked, a Golden Wyandotte, and an Americauna. They are, indeed, adorable. So far, they live in a giant cardboard box in our garage. I found Backyardchickens.com in my internet research into building our own chicken coop.
Besides chicken-raising, my family of 4 (we also have 2 young kids) enjoys photography, baking, cooking, wine, beer, hiking, bicycling, traveling, Lego-building, baby dolls, and dancing. We also have one elderly indoor kitty cat.
Looking forward to learning more from you all. Wish me luck building the perfect coop!
Alexia

Alt-WELCOME-farmer-connie-1.gif

Build the coop bigger than you think you will need...We usually wind up with more chickens than we expect

Welcome to Backyard Chickens, Alexia! :frowGlad you joined the restless flock! BYC is an active site and the members here are ready to share useful information with you! There are fun threads, breed threads and more! There are a lot of different forums to choose from which makes BYC an exciting and amazing place! Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do! Again, WELCOME!:wee

Back
Top Bottom