chicken noises

Some of mine announce when they are laying and some don't. The best way to know in my opinion is The wattles and comb turning very red and they start squatting. I have had as many as 6 birds in one nest box when they were pullets. Once in a great while I have had two occupy a nest box at the same time.

I found ten eggs in my nest boxes today,my golden comets are really starting,,ten out of twelve is great,,still hoping for 100%,maybe if I encourage them to do better,,
clap.gif

My girls voices changed from the cute little chirpy chatter to the Braaak, Braaak noise too.
My little babies sound little old biddies. Oh well, they are working now I guess. I think the egg laying sound is hilarious. I always refer to it as the egg laying party sound.

Think of this way:

If a hen weighs,
• about 4 1/2 pounds or 2,000 grams

• and lays an egg that weighs 60 gram

• by comparison to her weight, that egg is 3%

• This would be almost the same as a woman at 130 pounds

• giving birth to a baby that weighs 4 pounds

• Every Day!!!
I'd make a lot of noise about that, too
barnie.gif

Steve
wink.png

ya.gif
,,they did it,,today I got 12 eggs,,thats 100%,I gave my ladies a big:thumbsup,,it don,t get any better than 100%
celebrate.gif

I don't know about the birds being very vocal when they are about to lay. Some of mine are and some aren't. I think the best indication is the bright red combs and wattles and when they begin to squat. In general most of my birds have started laying between 20 to 24 weeks.

I always gather my eggs every day at about the same time,yesterday I got ten eggs,today when I gathered my eggs i had thirteen,,from twelve gold comets,,I know I didn,t miss an egg yesterday,my pullets are wonderful layers,,but not this outstanding I wouldn,t think,,,are they???
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom