Chicken-Noob

RoosterNoir

Hatching
9 Years
Jan 26, 2010
I'm green, wet behind the ears, just fell off the pumpkin truck, and born yesterday.

What I don't know about raising chickens could be a book!

I've heard great things about this group and would be grateful for any help and direction in my efforts.

Sooooo here's where I'm at. I live in Maritime Canada about an hour North of the metropolis of Moncton New Brunswick and I'd like to start a small flock of layers and maybe a dozen meat birds.

I don't even know where I can get some birds or hatching eggs.....please, HELP!

P.S. Nice to meet you, eh.

Hi! I'm new here, too. I have learned a lot from just reading the posts over the last year or so, so I'm sure you'll find a ton of useful information.

I'm not sure if you're looking for a local place to buy chicks or eggs (and I'd be of no help to you there), or a website. There are several I've looked at- I was recommended mypetchicken.com by my sister in law. There are a ton of other options, too. Perhaps try a web search for "chicken hatcheries" and see if you find one you like.

Welcome! To both of you!

I highly recommend before you get too excited about purchasing that you do a ton of reading. It will help prevent a lot of mistakes, or at least make things easier. Be prepared BEFORE getting the chickens.

I have no doubt you'll enjoy chicken keeping, and this wonderful community. There is so much that BYC has to offer. You'll have the opportunity of determine what breeds are going to work best for your situation as well. Finding the chicken will be the easy part.

In the upper right corner of the screen is a search feature. Get to know it. There's so much information on this site that just about anything you can think of has probably already been discussed. At least that's what I've discovered.

Best of luck and enjoy the journey!

frow.gif
howdy to you too! Don't try the 'hen before the pen' method. Have coop run and everything ready FIRST! someone should learn from my mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom