Chicken noodle soup!!!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by nadams4, Feb 5, 2008.

1. nadams4

nadams4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    Ohio
    Anyone have a great chicken noodle soup recipe????

2. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    I use a whole chicken in a big stock pot with enough water to cover. I also salt and pepper the water and add 2-3 cloves crushed garlic and simmer until tender and comes off the bone easily. Strain the broth and debone chicken before adding back to pot. Then I add chopped celery, onion, carrots and any other veggies I want. Simmer untill are as mushy or crisp as your familt likes(we like ours more mushy) Then I add one package of Japaness udon noodles that I break up and cooked in seperate pot. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes and then enjoy! I really reccomend trying the Udon noodles, we get ours at Kroger or H.E.B.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You can get as fancy or as simple as you like.

Good homemade stock and a few flat noodles with seasoning is basic. From there add to it the vegetables and things you like. Some times I even use spaghetti noodles when my kids are really wanting soup and i don't have anything else on hand. The wide flat egg noodles and good stock are yummy as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by