chicken nostrels. PLEASE HELP. NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickmagnet444, Jun 16, 2011.

1. chickmagnet444

chickmagnet444 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2011
    is there a direct connection between the nostrels of a chicken?? im trying to figure out how these pinned peepers work. i cant seem to get them through the nostrels.... HELP PLEASE MY ROOSTERS ARE TEARING EACHOTHER UP!!!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

Please give us some clarification.

What does nostrils and roosters tearing each other up have to do with each other?

Pinned peepers?

Get them through the nostrils?

I would like to help but I don't understand what you're asking for.

3. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

Aha. I learned something today. I hope the OP sees this soon.

4. un-named

un-named Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Quote:Thanks Dawg, I learned something new today!!

5. dbcooper02

dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    This is all well and good and informative, but it hasn't answered the op's question. Sounds like the op has in hand the style of peepers that use a separate pin that passes completely through the nostril, not the pinless style. I know on waterfowl that the nostrils are wide open from one side to the other. You can see right through. I honestly don't know if it is open on chickens, I think that's what the OP wants to know.

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:I have never used any kind of peepers and wouldnt know how neither. Since you have experience with waterfowl placing peepers, maybe this link will help you explain how it works to the OP (If these are the correct peepers, which I'm not sure) I would like to know as well for future reference. Thanks.
    http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/perfect-peeper-c-clip.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by