Chicken, not feeling well, full soft crop, no smell

my8hens

In the Brooder
Oct 16, 2023
Hi all, new chicken owner, but in the smal animal veterinary field for 35+years. I've done a lot of reading about crop issues, my 20 week hen has a soft, distended crop and is neck stretching, also urped up a small amount of liquid (doesn't smell!), there's a recomendation for mineral oil....what about cat laxatone??, see ingredients >>

Maple Flavor
Active Ingredients per Teaspoon (6 grams):
White Petrolatum USP .......... 1285 mg
Soybean Oil .......... 285 mg
Providing:
27 mg Omega 6 Fatty Acids
9 mg Omega 9 Fatty Acids
4 mg Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Light Mineral Oil NF .......... 203 mg

Inactive Ingredients: Cane molasses, corn syrup, gelatin by-products, malt syrup, maple flavor, sodium benzoate, water.

Hiya! Well, I'm not one in the know about using that for crop issues, but this article is one of the best I know of regarding all crop issues.

We all use a lot of 4-legged treatments for our chickens but that's the first time I've seen this one! 😊 Maybe someone has though and will pop in!

Hiya! Well, I'm not one in the know about using that for crop issues, but this article is one of the best I know of regarding all crop issues.

We all use a lot of 4-legged treatments for our chickens but that's the first time I've seen this one! 😊 Maybe someone has though and will pop in!
Thanks!, the funny thing is the liquid that she's urped up doesn't have a smell, it looks like digested chicken food??, she's in the "infirmary" :-O

Back
Top Bottom