Chicken not laying.

MelbaQ

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 6, 2017
My chickens were attacked by raccoons in February- 3 months ago, and the surviving one has only laid 4 eggs since- she was daily before that. She is ! 1/2 years old, so still in her egg laying prime. I brought in 3 more pullets 2 months ago and they have all adjusted to each other,it seems- but she is still not laying. This evening I noticed something I thought was poop hanging out of her, that seemed to be bothering her. I picked her up and pulled on it with a paper towel and it was not poop- it was some kind of tissue- I thought, like a dilapidated egg.
She gets laying mash, scratch, fake eggs, has 2 chicken houses and gets to free range in my worm rich yard almost daily- plus they have a huge area to roam in their coop y I thought mb shed start laying when my pullets do- they are due in June- but this odd discharge bothers me and I also feel that mb she's not feeling that well. : ( She seems to be lagging a bit.
Has anyone every seen something like this discharge and any suggestions for laying.?and making her feel better as well?

Back
Top Bottom