Chicken not laying.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MelbaQ, Apr 24, 2017.

1. MelbaQ

MelbaQ Just Hatched

Apr 6, 2017
    My chickens were attacked by raccoons in February- 3 months ago, and the surviving one has only laid 4 eggs since- she was daily before that. She is ! 1/2 years old, so still in her egg laying prime. I brought in 3 more pullets 2 months ago and they have all adjusted to each other,it seems- but she is still not laying. This evening I noticed something I thought was poop hanging out of her, that seemed to be bothering her. I picked her up and pulled on it with a paper towel and it was not poop- it was some kind of tissue- I thought, like a dilapidated egg.
    She gets laying mash, scratch, fake eggs, has 2 chicken houses and gets to free range in my worm rich yard almost daily- plus they have a huge area to roam in their coop y I thought mb shed start laying when my pullets do- they are due in June- but this odd discharge bothers me and I also feel that mb she's not feeling that well. : ( She seems to be lagging a bit.
    Has anyone every seen something like this discharge and any suggestions for laying.?and making her feel better as well?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by