Chicken Not Laying!

Dec 14, 2021
Alaska
Out of eleven chickens, we have only been getting 9 eggs a day. We were getting ten, but now yet another may have stopped laying. I'm not positive who is laying and who isn't, though I am trying to keep track of them. One chicken was previously laying in the woods and we found where she layed and she now lays in the box from what I've seen, but there is a possibility she has snuck out to a new spot. Today I saw the chicken who was laying in the woods named Harriet lay in the box, yet we are still missing eggs! We only got 8 today but one chicken is broody so she isn't going to lay for awhile for sure. One chicken was apparently limping the other day and was acting maybe a little lethargic according to a family member, but today she is back to herself and normal. There are literally no other signs. What should I do?

It's normal for them to take a break for a few days. They can't lay every single day of every single week. Also, do you have multiple or all the same breeds?

Different breeds will lay different colored eggs. If you find out who lays which color egg you'll know who is laying and who isn't.
I have only two who lay different colored eggs, the rest are brown. I am pretty sure it is out golden bovans that aren't laying, but like I said, I am not positive.

Back
Top Bottom