Chicken or duck

Wow! Naughty ducks! I still love them but ducklings are so messy to have in your garage its always fun to watch them move outside and find the pool stream or pond and make a flock with your other ducks but I think ducks are the best they are sweet loving little friends
They are! I think I like chickens best (or quail lol) but they’re so cute! I have Pekins now, but I want to get call ducks someday just for the cute factor :)

what is a quails personality like? My daughter wanted some but we heard they are they are scared but that was on the web I like chickens because they are not messy
It depends on the bird to be honest. Most of mine are skittish, but a few of my older hens are super friendly. I have a few younger ones that are somewhere in the middle, they don’t love being handled but they aren’t terrified either.

I have 6 runner type ducks (I can't remember the specific breed) along with my 20 chickens. I like both but the ducks are a lot messier. They get water EVERYWHERE. It is currently 34 degrees fahrenheit here in wisconsin and we are getting eggs mostly from the ducks. they didnt lay any at the end of summer and none in the fall and then a week or so ago they started laying again. It's winter!

Wow! Naughty ducks! I still love them but ducklings are so messy to have in your garage its always fun to watch them move outside and find the pool stream or pond and make a flock with your other ducks but I think ducks are the best they are sweet loving little friends
I'm just starting out. I'm in the research phase and my plan (BIG plans :) ) is to have a few ducks for egg income. I want to build a drainable, heated, double pond with aerator and flowage.

Back
Top Bottom