Chicken or duck

adstowe

Songster
5 Years
Aug 8, 2016
Colorado
Ducks are fun, but I think you really have to have the right set up for them. The couple of times I've had them I just treated them like chickens and they were messy, dirty little things. Bot times I got frustrated with the upkeep and got rid of them. I'll stick with chickens

QuailQueen75

Songster
Nov 12, 2020
Ducks are fun, but I think you really have to have the right set up for them. The couple of times I've had them I just treated them like chickens and they were messy, dirty little things. Bot times I got frustrated with the upkeep and got rid of them. I'll stick with chickens
I totally agree. I have 3 that live with my chickens, and they absolutely demolish just about everything. Just yesterday they dumped an entire 3 gallon heated waterer and flooded my entire coop 🤦‍♀️

QuailQueen75

Songster
Nov 12, 2020
I do love ducks, but in an ideal world I think I would house them separate from my chickens- they’re just so messy!

adstowe

Songster
5 Years
Aug 8, 2016
Colorado
They ARE cute, fun things that lay huge eggs, but they really need their own, duck specific enclosure. I've never tried it that way. I imagine it would make them much more tolerable though.

Oct 14, 2021
I totally agree. I have 3 that live with my chickens, and they absolutely demolish just about everything. Just yesterday they dumped an entire 3 gallon heated waterer and flooded my entire coop 🤦‍♀️
Wow! Naughty ducks! I still love them but ducklings are so messy to have in your garage its always fun to watch them move outside and find the pool stream or pond and make a flock with your other ducks but I think ducks are the best they are sweet loving little friends

Top Bottom