Chicken or Rooster ????

Countryhippie

Chirping
Aug 29, 2021
Massachusetts
Hi everyone.

I recently got a bunch of pullets and I was just wondering if anyone could tell if for certain they are chickens or roosters. One of my chickens has a lot bigger comb than all the others.

Pictures are attached. Please help!
ECE7FED8-E207-4781-9D5C-AEA829908D18.jpeg
0D4E5FD5-7262-4526-B038-F59E4D5CF097.jpeg
BE44F489-13EB-41B5-88EC-39BA5B437A3B.jpeg

Just so you know, chickens actually are roosters. I think the question you're asking is "Are they Pullets (young females) or Cockerels (young males)". "Hen" is the right term for an older female chicken. "Rooster" is the right term for older male chickens.

The one in the first picture (with a big comb), to me, looks like a male.
The rest look like females.

Do you mind taking some more pictures of the one with the big red comb? (take some pictures of his/her tail, neck area, comb, and full body please)

Hi everyone.

I recently got a bunch of pullets and I was just wondering if anyone could tell if for certain they are chickens or roosters. One of my chickens has a lot bigger comb than all the others.

Pictures are attached. Please help! View attachment 2835531View attachment 2835532View attachment 2835533
Well they are all chickens. It would be Hens or Roosters! ;) I see two cockerels, two in the first one, two in the last one. (Which I think are the same birds.)

Just so you know, chickens actually are roosters. I think the question you're asking is "Are they Pullets (young females) or Cockerels (young males)". "Hen" is the right term for an older female chicken. "Rooster" is the right term for older male chickens.

The one in the first picture (with a big comb), to me, looks like a male.
The rest look like females.

Do you mind taking some more pictures of the one with the big red comb? (take some pictures of his/her tail, neck area, comb, and full body please)
I think what you mean is roosters actually are chickens.
All roosters are chickens but not all chickens are roosters.

Back
Top Bottom