1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken personalities

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Koniucha, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Koniucha

Koniucha Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2014
    Arizona
    I have five sexlink hens and love them so much. I never thought I would feel this way about chickens, haha. Their personalities are so unique. I have one that one day somehow got out of my gate. I went outside and saw her trying desperately trying to squeeze back in. Then the other day I was inside and heard one screaming bloody murder. I go out and she climbed my orange tree a bit too high I guess. She jumped down when I went outside. I think she was calling me, 'hey Mom, look how high I am!.

The funny thing is that this is the same hen and my daughter named her Brave as a chick :)

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    They are amazing little creatures, aren't they? People tend to sell them so short on personality, intelligence, etc ----until they get to know them.

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Some days I could sit and watch them all day....they crack me up!

4. lovemy6hens

lovemy6hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2013
    Central Texas
    They are certainly amazing! I never thought I'd love chickens either.

5. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    I have a cockerel called George and he is as funny as all get-out! I often go down to the run to watch chicken tv, and sit on an old milk crate. George will come and plonk down next to me to watch too. He doesn't realise he is the star of the show!

- Krista

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by