Chicken pile up on 23rd st................

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Sillystunt, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Why must they all try to sleep in one spot?

[​IMG]

and here are my delaware blues

Blue
    [​IMG]

Splash
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  2. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Songster

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    [​IMG] Very funny

3. Serrin

Serrin Songster

I keep asking the same question when six girls all decide to TRY to lay eggs in the same nest box at the same time!! [​IMG] For crying out loud!! There are FIVE other boxes girls!!! Sheeesh! What a bunch of maroooooons!!! [​IMG]

4. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    [​IMG] it boggles me [​IMG]

5. miladachicken

miladachicken Chirping

Jul 12, 2009
    Oregon
    When we our six silly birds outside for the first time, instead of roosting, they all decided that it was easier to all sleep in the same nest box. For at least maybe two and a half months, they actually managed to squeeze. (Thankfully) now four at the most can fit into one square foot space.Did I mention they are four months old and one lays eggs already?

6. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    ill have to take a pic of my dellies "roosting." They have actual roosts and there are 3, but since they all like to get up on the same one, they snap it in half, so i need to find a more permanent solution [​IMG] but until then they pile up on one of my make-shift nesting boxes, yes on top....will post pics lol

7. Oh man there was like 5 hens that needed to lay and only 4 could fit into their favorite nesting box. My RIR hen Bunty was smarter. She went to lay in the carboard box above everyones favorite nest.

Silly birds

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: