Chicken planning

Cheetah1

In the Brooder
Nov 29, 2015
I do not have chickens yet, but I have been planning. I have floor plans of the chicken coop I want to make and I have been reading books about it. I want 10 chickens and two ducks. Anyways this thread is for anyone. The people also planning like me can use it and people who do have chickens can too. Also duck planners and owners. You can ask questions, share your ideas, and a lot more. I am sorry there are no pictures. My chickens will be free range and might have two coops. I still have a lot of questions though. That is why I started this thread.

Welcome! Plan space for more than you plan on to be ready for chicken math. Join in ask and read way. There are great people here. I am a few months ahead of you, and have been helped a lot.

Hi, there lots of info and ideas / inspiration on the Coops forum. I agree with daxigait re: chicken maths. I know that there are some great looking coops posted here on BYC but building / installing a shed is simpler and allows for greater flexibility further down the road and particularly useful if you are all fingers and thumbs when it comes to DIY
smile.png

All the best
CT

Thanks that sounds great. :D My chickens I won't raise for meat my first year. I love animals too much. Maybe the second year I would. I do have some experience with chickens, but the chickens were not mine. I love watching them grow and then how busy they always seem to be. I can't wait to get them. I am going to get silkies too. They have such a great reputation and they are so cute. The good part is that I got some free time, so I can spend it with the chickens. I do know silkies like to be broody. I might let them sit on eggs if I have a rooster. I might get a boy silkie, because silkies are nice. I am not sure I kind of want a rooster, but a good chunk of them are mean. I want nice chickens. Well hopefully everything will go all right with them. How much time do chickens need? I can't recall if I ever read it in a book, so I'm curious. Goodbye for now. ;)

I have a quick question. So when you say a chicken can be birchen colored, what does birchen look like?

I have one more question for now. How can you make a home made incubator for the chicken eggs? Thanks, goodbye for now. :D

I have a quick question. So when you say a chicken can be birchen colored, what does birchen look like?

I have one more question for now. How can you make a home made incubator for the chicken eggs? Thanks, goodbye for now.
big_smile.png
Welcome to BYC!

Let me introduce you to the advanced search function, it's the best way(along with lots of time reading) to find the info you need to learn all you'll need to know:
advanced search>titles only> birchen
advanced search>titles only> DIY incubator

Back
Top Bottom