Chicken poo question!

Boergoatlover

Chirping
Jul 30, 2020
Apology me again asking yet another question. Another one of my ex battery hens is not doing very well. She’s nearly 4 she is in heart failure but has been doing incredibly well on a combination of furosemide and benazecare.

The last few days her crop has not been emptying fully she’s been very lethargic and her pops have been watery. My vet suggested worming her which I’ve done. Is there anything else this could be or could it be related to her heart now struggling ?

Attachments

• DAB3B5C8-9D70-42E1-A17A-3FB476CD5A45.jpeg
    DAB3B5C8-9D70-42E1-A17A-3FB476CD5A45.jpeg
    951 KB · Views: 6
I'm sorry about your hen.

I'm glad you have a vet you can turn to.
Hard to know if the poop is due to her heart condition, the medication or something else like reproductive disorder. Having a necropsy done if you lose her can give you a lot of information about what was going on with your hen.

If her crop is not emptying, then address that symptom. The article linked below give you treatment methods. It's not uncommon for a crop problem to arise when a hen has something else going on, but managing that symptom can sometime make them more comfortable.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Back
Top Bottom