Chicken poop and her behavior

yes it could; good luck with the massage. Hopefully it'll clear quickly! Azygous (the author of the article) is enormously knowledgeable and helpful to BYC members, and responds to the call (@azygous ) if you need more assistance.

My hen’s crop was empty this morning which is good considering it wasn’t yesterday. She is still not acting 100% like herself but I do see some improvement in her behavior. She was very eager to get wet food this morning.
She hasn’t laid in a few days now. Will it take her some more time before she will lay?
Could I continue to put this chicks out there with them?
If there anything else I should worry about?

She looks like doesn’t feel well. Hiding in a darker corner and picking at the wet food. She also is pooping small amounts and some resemble lighter in color cecal poops but hard to tell if that’s what they really are. They look like the soft poop in my first post.
Anything else her symptoms resemble? Anything I could try?

Attachments

• 67C17E1E-D2B6-4B62-920C-B0A5DA2B3878.jpeg
    67C17E1E-D2B6-4B62-920C-B0A5DA2B3878.jpeg
    755.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 5C0D3925-87B0-4459-9F01-5A8AEF94D9B9.jpeg
    5C0D3925-87B0-4459-9F01-5A8AEF94D9B9.jpeg
    705.4 KB · Views: 6
her colour's not bad and her tail isn't down; I'd just give her a bit more time to get over it. An empty crop in the morning is a good sign. Make sure she has clean water. I wouldn't expect her to lay for a while; she needs the calories herself right now.

her colour's not bad and her tail isn't down; I'd just give her a bit more time to get over it. An empty crop in the morning is a good sign. Make sure she has clean water. I wouldn't expect her to lay for a while; she needs the calories herself right now.
Ok thank you

Should I allow the chicks out with her?

how far has the integration gone as yet?
We’re a week in. My sick bird doesn’t really chase them, more so waits for them to come near and then she tries to peck them. My other bird is the crazy one.

Also she’s the same this morning, her butt is a little dirty and she’s slower. It was colder last night which could play into the slowness.

I’ve been monitoring my sick hen and she seems to be slowly getting worse. She’s spending most of her day laying in the dirt. She doesn’t eat hardly anything and when she does she nibbles at it before stopping. The only consistent thing is she drinks water. She’s also refusing to eat or drink out of their usual containers and prefers her water out of a pan on the ground. I’m beginning to worry, it can’t be good for her to have gone this long with such little food. She’s much slower and has begun to lean onto one foot when she stands. Her back end is also starting to get covered in poop.
Any ideas with getting calories into her would be much appreciated.

Is she starting to molt?

The one consistent thing you notice is she's drinking water.
I would treat her for Sour Crop.

Since production is down for her and you were a bit concerned about her egg quality, she may be getting ready to molt or she may be having some reproductive issues.

Start with treating the crop, consider deworming and treating for Coccidiosis as well. Those would be what I would start with.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Back
Top Bottom