Chicken poop help!

Flowerpott

Songster
Aug 12, 2019
Kerrville texas
I have a chicken who is about 5 months old. Shes healthy and happy. Haven't had any issues with her. She eats and drinks just fine. But a few minutes ago while i was admiring her she shook her head and a bunch of water/fluid of some sort came out. Never seen that happen. And then she pooped this green watery giant splat. Her poos have been from green to black. But solid with the white part clearly visible. Figured the green was from grass (she wont eat table scraps like veggies and fruits. She will barely look at bread) but now that its watery and i can see no white im a little concerned.... Any ideas?
16177358917686257489983127808439.jpg

The specks of food did not come out of her. The wind just blew it in.

Looks like a normal poop to me. From my understanding, chickens tend to have 1-2 really wet poops during the day since they don't actually urinate.
Okay. Im just nervous. Shes My best friend. The poop is also very big. I mean it could be from how watery it is that it just kind of splattered out...but it still seems like quite a bit to come out od her. She hasn't laid yet. And she barely even has a wattle forming so i would hate for something to happen before shea even full grown.

Okay. Im just nervous. Shes My best friend. The poop is also very big. I mean it could be from how watery it is that it just kind of splattered out...but it still seems like quite a bit to come out od her. She hasn't laid yet. And she barely even has a wattle forming so i would hate for something to happen before shea even full grown.
Just keep an eye on her for now, but she is probably fine.

Back
Top Bottom