Chicken Poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Wonder Mom, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Wonder Mom

Wonder Mom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2013
    I've looked at the poop chart and I still can't figure it out: my chicken is making flatulant noises and shooting a a very awful smelling, watery poop. I don't see any worms in it. Sometimes the poo is normal but often it's this watery stinky mess. Any insight, please?

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I know some feeds produce smellier poo. That's why I stick to Purina.

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    It might be something that she's eaten, but I'm not sure exactly what it could be. Is she always like this? It might just be something about her; maybe her digestive system is a bit abnormal. I'd give her some probiotics and see if that makes a difference.

Worms can cause liquidy, smelly droppings too. Even if you don't see worms in the droppings, she might still have them. I think that you should deworm, just be be sure. Get some Valbazen or Safeguard dewormers, as they are good broad spectrum wormers. You can also use the Worminator, which is another dewormer. I use it, and its works fine for me. Here is a link to it: http://www.twincitypoultrysupplies.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=584

4. Wonder Mom

Wonder Mom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2013
    Thank you, I'll try it!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by