chicken pooper scooper

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by msf, Oct 24, 2011.

1. msf

msf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    So last week I asked how people cleaned the chicken stuff out of the sand in their runs. Well, I got some scrap together and made this thing like a dust pan with hardware cloth in it to sift the sand out O the poop. Easy and cheap the bottom is a piece of 3/8 plywood with the middle cut out with a jig saw.

2. PixieChixie

PixieChixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Pics? [​IMG]

3. msf

Jul 21, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    I couldn't get the pic of my pooper scooper into the post. How do you get pics into a posty anyway? msf

4. msf

Jul 21, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    I couldn't get the pic of my pooper scooper into the post. How do you get pics into a posty anyway? msf

5. verlaj

verlaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Micanopy, Florida
    Please show a photo! This is exactly what I have been trying to create, but my designs haven't worked out the way I wanted. I'm now thinking of buying a manure shovel and cutting out the center and tacking hardware cloth in it to make a sieve.

6. chick-in-florida

chick-in-florida Chillin' With My Peeps

a wide putty knife and bucket works for me!

7. msf

Jul 21, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    can someone tell me how to get a pic into a post like this and I'll put up the pic of the scooper.

8. verlaj

verlaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Micanopy, Florida
    Go to "Uploads" and follow the directions there to upload the image. Then click in the window by "Image" - the file name should be highlighted blue. On your keyboard - press Ctrl and C, then put your cursor in the message window and press Ctrl and V. The file named bracketed by [​IMG]

9. LiLRedCV

LiLRedCV Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Land of the Rain
    Quote:You can create a PhotoBucket acct and load it there, then click on the [​IMG]

10. msf

Jul 21, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    alright here it is

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by